Miss the chat? Read the entire chat transcript here.
We are honored to have Martine Ehrenclou as our special guest on this Friday’s Empowered Patient Chat. Join us for an hour full of information to take your own, and your loved one’s, healthcare to the next level.
Martine Ehrenclou, M.A., is an award-winning author, patient advocate and speaker. Her newest health book, The Take-Charge Patient: How You Can Get The Best Medical Care, winner of 16 book awards, empowers readers to become proactive and effective participants in their own health care. Through her books, lectures, media interviews, published articles and blog, Martine reveals insider information on how to interact effectively with medical professionals and navigate the health care system. She interviewed over 200 physicians, nurses, other medical professionals and patients for this book. Read more about Martine in Intake.Me’s recent interview with her.
Empowered Patient Chat
with Special Guest
October 31, 2014 at 10:00 am PT / 1:00 pm ET
Twitter: hashtag #patientchat
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- What is a “take charge patient”?
- Who needs to become a “take charge” patient? Why is it important?
- What can a patient do if they are “stuck” with a doctor who isn’t helping them?
- Why do you think empathy is important in the doctor/patient relationship?
- How does being a take charge patient help prevent medical errors?
- Does being a take charge patient save money?
- What is the Take-Charge Patient Tool Kit?
At the end of our chat with Martine, we will open up the discussion for all of our chatters to join in, ask questions, and offer insights.
- The Take Charge Patient : How You Can Get the Best Medical Care (2012)
- Critical Conditions : The Essential Hospital Guide to Get Your Loved One Out Alive (2010)
Twitter Accounts to Follow:
Latest posts by Darla Brown (see all)
- New CLL Patient Resource: Patient Power on Facebook Live - July 27, 2017
- Visit Intake.Me at ATA 2015 #ata2015 - May 4, 2015
- World Health Day:“Think globally, act locally” - April 7, 2015