Here at Intake.Me, we’ve been reflecting lately on how much patients know or are able to do for their disease that their doctors cannot even comprehend. From glamorous terms like emotional resilience to the nuts and bolts of managing an ostomy, or figuring out how to get to work with chronic pain, what is your patient superpower? That’s what we’d like to discuss at next week’s #patientchat (Nov 15th at 10am PST / 1pm EST) — which will again be hosted by the epatient activist, Mark-John Clifford!
This applies just as much to caregivers. What can you do now that you could not do before? What do you know now about your caree and his/her disease better than anybody else does? Some more questions to get you thinking.
- What do you know better about your (or your caree’s) disease than anyone else?
- What did you do to get to that point?
- What are your (or your caree’s) doctors afraid to talk about?
- What do you wish you could know more about your / your caree’s disease?
Latest posts by Emily Lu (see all)
- #MedicineX: What Doctors Need to Know about the Empowered Patient Movement - October 4, 2015
- Medication Reconciliation Recap - April 23, 2015
- What are you looking forward to at Stanford MedX? #medx #patientchat - September 5, 2014