There are a lot of exciting trends around the world changing how we think about our health and healthcare. Spearheaded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Flip the Clinic initiative is looking at how we can improve the patient-doctor encounter. This is one of our favorite initiatives in the world of healthcare right now because, of course, that is also what we are looking to do at Intake.Me!
So, we’d like to invite you all to a patient empowerment double feature this Friday (March 7th):
- At 12pm EST / 9am PST, join us at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for a live hangout on Flipping the Clinic on their hangout site here: www.rwjf.org/googleplus Or follow the tweetchat at #RWJF1stFri.
- At 1pm EST / 10am PST, join us at #patientchat for further discussion of how can we use technology to flip the clinic.
Here are a few questions we had to get the discussion started
- What can empowered patients do flip the clinic?
- What technologies do we wish we had to flip the clinic?
- Who has control over these technologies: patient, providers, or other?
- What is the first step that an empowered patient (or provider) who wants to flip the clinic should take?
See you on Friday at 1pm EST / 10am PST (or an hour earlier if you’re joining the Google hangout!)
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Emily Lu (see all)
- #MedicineX: What Doctors Need to Know about the Empowered Patient Movement - October 4, 2015
- Medication Reconciliation Recap - April 23, 2015
- What are you looking forward to at Stanford MedX? #medx #patientchat - September 5, 2014