Here at Intake.Me, we want to offer you tools and strategies to make your hospital stay the best it can be. This week’s Empowered Patient Chat topic is “Hospital Stays the #epatient Way: Strategies for Communicating & Collaborating to Improve Care & Outcomes” with special guest #epatient Mark-John Clifford of Health in the Laugh Lane. Mark your calendars with the details below!
Empowered Patient Chat
For Patients, Nurses, Doctors & Caregivers
Hospital Stays the #epatient Way:
Strategies for Communicating & Collaborating
August 8, 2014 at 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- Why is it important to be involved in your healthcare at the hospital?
- How can you tell the hospital staff you are an #epatient without seeming threatening?
- How can you communicate to the staff you are involved in your healthcare?
- Why is it important to understand the hospital hierarchy/power structure?
- What is the hospital hierarchy?
- How can a caregiver work effectively with hospital staff? What are some challenges in this area?
- What are some strategies for dealing with shift changes? Things to be aware of?
The first part of the chat we will be talking to Mark-John and then we will open it up for all chatters to contribute and join in.
Resources & Reading:
Twitter Accounts to Follow:
Latest posts by Darla Brown (see all)
- New CLL Patient Resource: Patient Power on Facebook Live - July 27, 2017
- Visit Intake.Me at ATA 2015 #ata2015 - May 4, 2015
- World Health Day:“Think globally, act locally” - April 7, 2015