Welcome to Intake.Me's Event Schedule
- This event has passed.
Tending to your mental health with special guest Kati Morton, LMFT #patientchat
April 3, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join us this Friday 4/3 for our bi-weekly Empowered #PatientChat on twitter. This week we are excited to have special guest Katie Morton, who is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Over the past 3 years she has leveraged social media to share mental health information worldwide through video. She hopes that by doing this, we as a community can push for better services worldwide and remove the stigma associated with getting help. You can check out her videos via her YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KatiMorton
In addition to her YouTube channel, she has been on the television show “Dr. Drew On Call,” and has been showcased in Europe’s highest circulated magazine “Glamour UK.” Kati’s passion is spreading global awareness for mental health.
For this Friday’s chat on Tending to your mental health, we’ll discuss:
- Many patients feel they lose control of their life after a major diagnosis. What can help? What did you do to take control?
- A major diagnosis can place enormous pressure on relationships with loved ones, friends, family and co-workers. What can help?
- What are the signs of emotional distress? How do you know when it is time to get additional help?
- Feeling sad, anxious and/or depressed is common among those dealing with a major health diagnosis. Do you bring up mental health with your doctor? How often is emotional state discussed during patient visits?
- Do you ever feel pressured to be “happy” and “positive”? How do you respond to people who say you need to be?
- What do you find helpful in reducing stress and also dealing with emotional distress? What are some resources?
See you this Friday 4/3 on Twitter (or tchat.io/rooms/patientchat) at 10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern. Be sure to include the hashtag #patientchat in all your responses! Click HERE to learn more about our Empowerd #PatientChat Series and how to participate.