Welcome to Intake.Me's Event Schedule
- This event has passed.
Challenges in scheduling medical visits?! with @kreisr1 – Empowered #patientchat
July 24, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join us for our bi-weekly Empowered Patient Chat on Twitter with our special guest Richard Kreis. We’ll be discussing medical visit challenges with a focus on accessibility and special needs, such as hearing impairment.
Richard Kreis is a member of the Intake.Me Patient Advisory Board and a frequent Empowered #PatientChat contributor. Richard is a tri-fecta caregiver; he cares for his mother with heart and lung issues, co-cares for his brother in-law who is dealing with epilepsy, and Richard is also a patient himself suffering from chronic back pain. Richard blogs about the issues he runs into in the health care system and how to deal with them using humor at his site PickYourPain.org and on Caregiving.com where he works with caregivers through support groups and internet radio. His tag line is “Pain without Humor is just Painful.”
Guiding our discussion will be topic questions concerning appointment scheduling, appointment reminders, clinic barriers for patients with special considerations, digital access, and caregiver challenges during the appointment.
- T1: What issues do we or our loved ones experience with appointment scheduling – especially for those with hearing, visual or other impairment?
- T2: Do you get to choose how reminders come? voicemail, text, email?
- T3: What are the most common clinic barriers for patients with special considerations?
- T4: What can patients and loved ones do to address these issues in scheduling, reminders and appointments?
- T5: When most information and communication is online – who is this leaving out? What are the barriers and biases that clinics have in working with patients?
- T6: How can loved ones and patients redirect the conversation back to the patient if it becomes focused on the caregiver?
See you this Friday July 24, 2015 on Twitter (or tchat.io/rooms/patientchat) at 10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern. Be sure to include the hashtag #patientchat in all your responses! Click HERE to learn more about our Empowered #PatientChat Series and how to participate.