Welcome to Intake.Me's Event Schedule
- This event has passed.
Pain Management with Lisa Davis Budzinski #patientchat
February 3, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
You’re Invited! Join us for an important discussion about pain management with Lisa Davis Budzinski, @lisadbudzinski.
Lisa served as the Vice President of the Central Pain Syndrome Foundation; CPSFoundation from 2013-2016. She has 20+ years of experience as a Paralegal Specialist in criminal law. It was while working in this position she suffered a stroke causing Central Pain Syndrome along with Grave’s Disease, post cancer and thyroidectomy.
As a cancer and stroke survivor since 2002, she believes it is important to spread awareness and obtain research for Central Pain Syndrome and other chronic pain conditions to help others and their families.
Lisa is also a published author of: At The End of The Day. A book that was written to share smiles and knowledge of perseverance to know you can get through no matter what life may bring your way.
We’ll discuss keeping your pain management treatments well-rounded, pain triggers, putting together your healthcare team, advocacy, and keeping up-to-date on treatments.
T1: What has been your experience with pain treatments, medication and other types? Examples?T2: What helped you identify your pain triggers? What is this process like?T3: What do you want people to know about opioid use for pain management?T4: How can patients get involved with advocacy about pain management?T5: Who on your healthcare team addresses your pain? Do you go to a pain specialist?T6: What do you do to stay up-to-date on new medications, technology and other treatments?
- Medical Necessity or Addiction?, by Lisa David Budzinski https://www.painnewsnetwork.or
- Know Your Pain Treatment Options, via Everyday Health http://www.everydayhealth.com/
- Opioids Causing Concerns, Problems for Chronic Pain Patients, via HealthLine http://www.healthline.com/
- National Pain Strategy http://www.aafp.org/news/
government-medicine/ 20160330painstrategy.html and http s://iprcc.nih.gov/National_ Pain_Strategy/NPS_Main.htm
- #FreeBritt, #EveryoneIncluded, Pain, Opioids, & Misunderstandings, Recap from What Happened at MedX 2016 by P.F. Anderson https://storify.com/pfanderson/freebritt