Welcome to Intake.Me's Event Schedule
- This event has passed.
Empowered #patientchat – Finding Your Tribe
June 9, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
You’re Invited! Join special guest HealthSparq, @HealthSparq, for our next Empowered #patientchat where we’ll discuss health communities. Communities or tribes are a key component of patient advocacy and help many of us cope and grow during difficult times.
HealthSparq also invites you to join their free, one-day online and in-person What’s The Fix? (#WTFix) conference Wednesday, June 14th, 2017. Anyone with an interest in fixing health care is welcome to attend either virtually or in-person to gain an understanding of how a single person can drive change in health care, real tools to make positive changes, and inspiration to start your own change movement! You’ll hear from an amazing range of speakers including:
- Dana Lewis who developed an artificial pancreas for Type 1 Diabetics and is a champion for the #openAPS and #WeAreNotWaiting campaigns
- Morgan Gleason who used social media as a young teen to talk about patient empowerment and improving patient experiences
- Fred Vogelstein and Evelyn Nussenbaum who treated their sons epilepsy with marijuana
- A panel of moms – mom’s go above and beyond to learn everything they can to help treat and cure their kids
- Tami Rich who has gone from industry professional to advocate to caregiver – and is now working to help change the industry
You’ll also connect with an amazing community of fellow attendees that will stay engaged into the future through continued events, a LinkedIn group, and Tweet chats! To continue the #WhatTheHealthCare movement beyond the conference, follow them on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram.
Let’s chat about our communities, our people, our tribes, that help us navigate through health care.
- A tribe is a group of people, or a community with similar values or interests
- A health community provide a means for patients and their families to learn about an illness, seek and offer support, and connect with others in similar circumstances
- Patient advocacy is an area of specialization in health care concerned with advocacy for patients, survivors, and care partners.
Guiding our discussion will be the following Topic (T#:) Questions:
T1: How do you define a “tribe”?
T2: How do you use your tribe to improve your health or the health of those you love?
T3: What health communities or tribes do you currently participate in?
T4: How did your tribe help you trust them? What is needed to build trust in a tribe?
T5: Are there certain situations where you tend to trust your tribe more than your doctor?
T6: What are some tips and resources to help patients who don’t have a tribe build one or find one?
HealthSparq exists to help people make smarter health care choices. They achieve that every day by partnering with health plans to offer their members the most integrated tools possible and make sure they have everything they need to understand total cost and quality before making health care decisions.