Last week’s #patientchat was hosted by patient activist Mark-John Clifford on the topic of speaking up at your doctor’s visit. We started off with a few basic questions, but the conversation expanded into issues of trust, doctor-patient partnership and some critical tips from #epatient participants on how to be more organized and speak up at your doctor’s visit. Check out the full transcript here on Storify!
- Patient Voices Network Workshops – A resource available to patients in the British Columbia to learn how to better communicate with their doctor mentioned by @couragesings
- DiaTribe Patient Guide to Individualizing Therapy – checklist by @diatribe to help patients with diabetes remember what to bring up at their doctor visits
What other resources have you found to help patients speak up at their doctor’s visit?
Join us next Friday (Nov 1st) at 1pm EST / 10am PST for the next #patientchat. We’ll be posting the new topic on this blog soon, so stay tuned!
Latest posts by Emily Lu (see all)
- #MedicineX: What Doctors Need to Know about the Empowered Patient Movement - October 4, 2015
- Medication Reconciliation Recap - April 23, 2015
- What are you looking forward to at Stanford MedX? #medx #patientchat - September 5, 2014