Update 6/13/14: The chat transcript for this #patientchat can be accessed here. Definitely check it out for some amazing insights and new ways of thinking about your healthcare team, including who is the quarterback, how to recruit new players, and how to run those difficult plays.
When I went through cancer treatment, there were many key players on my healthcare team, many of whom I am in contact with to this day. There was one nurse in radiation who cheered me on each day and gave me personalized advice that really helped me through my treatment. He is an amazingly kind and generous person and he holds a special place in my heart. Cancer treatment is such a scary experience – it was good to know I had the best of the best on my healthcare team.
This week on Empowered Patient Chat (#patientchat) we will be discussing, “How do you build a healthcare team?”! We are intentionally using a sports metaphor here because we think it is a good way to think of the dynamics at play.
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- What is a healthcare team?
- Who are the key players on a healthcare team?
- Who are some non-traditional members of your healthcare team?
- Why is it important to think about who is on your healthcare team?
- How do you recruit new team members?
- Caregivers and patients, how do you handle communication between all your team members, and keep everyone motivated?
Empowered Patient Chat starts at 10am PST/1 pm EST this Friday, June 13! We look forward to seeing you there.
Latest posts by Darla Brown (see all)
- Visit Intake.Me at ATA 2015 #ata2015 - May 4, 2015
- World Health Day:“Think globally, act locally” - April 7, 2015
- Join us! “Online Support Groups: How can they help?” with Dr. Vincent Caimano #patientchat - January 22, 2015